So I’ve been out for ‘drinks’ a few weeks recently, which I’m enjoying much more than clubbing! So I thought I would put together a list of some not so expensive cocktail bars!
1. Las Iguanas! If you choose from a selection of around 20 cocktails, they are 2 for 1! Any night, any time! At £7.95! Making it less than £4 per cocktail!
2. Stadia! A sports bar, there’s a fair bit of sports playing, but again 2 for 1 on cocktails (at least on Friday nights when I went it was!) and the music they play is great!
3. Be at one. Now this one can be a little more pricey, but they have the most amazing range of cocktails available! I would highly recommend the pornstar martini, it is lush! And they will offer student discounts to be people on healthcare courses with a valid NHS card, so keep an eye out for that one!
4. Trusty old wetherspoons! Whilst this may be loud and the tables almost always rickety and sticky, it’s a classic student haunt. Cocktail pitchers are often 2 for 1, and you can get a steady 6 drinks out of each pitcher. There’s the Queen of Iceni in riverside if you want to be close to the nightclub action. Or The Bell in the city centre which is a bit more relaxed but does close earlier I believe!
5. Vodka Revs. This is one of my all time favourite bars in Norwich. It’s got a great atmosphere with the upstairs focused on the dancing and club atmosphere but downstairs only switches from food at around 9pm. It can be a bit pricey but it’s a great place to meet for a drink or two! I would recommend the Bubblegum Daiquiri or the Salted Caramel Ice Cream Float!